Sunday, February 8, 2009

if i were a butterfly


If I were to be a butterfly
I'd fly away from here
I'd go to places vast and unknown
I fly to places and know no home
If I were to be a butterfly
I'd be beautiful, colorful, gracious, swift, and undetected
I'd fly away to mountains
I'd fly away to beaches
The beauty I would see
Would never surpass what you mean to me
If I were to be a butterfly
I'd travel long and hard
I'd go the distance
No matter what
Until you're in my arms
If I were to be a butterfly….
Screw it
I'd rather be a penguin
If I were to be a penguin
I'd waddle to and fro
I'd get that perfect pebble
And I'd love with all my soul
If I were to be a penguin…
Wait I don't like the cold
I'd never be a penguin, or a butterfly
I like my legs
I like my arms
I'd rather be a human

No comments:

Post a Comment