Tuesday, February 3, 2009

the second chance


He told me I was beautiful
He told me I was smart
He told me if I went with him
Life wouldn't be so dark
He told me that he knew
About the tears I cried
He told me that he saw
Exactly how I died
He said it wasn't by a killer
And it wasn't just a huge mistake
It started when I was younger
That day that life had left me
And all hope had gone away
It was the day I finally gave up
And I forgot to stop and pray
He said I played it nicely
Though I wasn't quite sure what
He said he liked my smile
Even though he know it wasn't real
And for the first time in a while
I laughed
Not faking
Not trying
Just being real
I'd finally made him happy
I thought my life was finally done
He turned to me and smiled
The said "but you've only just begun"
With a snap of his fingers and a bright light
I soon awoke to an amazing sight
I was young again
With the knowledge of a previous life
How not to live, but how to fight
I grew up again
With all the same things
But different choices was just what I need
Life turned out good
No tears or lies
Just smiles and the occasional happy sigh
My second chance
My second life
With all that happiness that came from inside

No comments:

Post a Comment